Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2014

Great book to movie adaptation!

Spoiler alert! xD

Dear readers! (:

On an early evening about two weeks ago, I was sitting in my room thinking about what I should do with the rest of the day. Finally, I decided to watch a movie. In my mind I went through all the books I own which were made into movies and decided to watch If I stay by Gayle Forman. I liked the book when I read it some months ago but couldn't imagine that it would make for a great movie. Nevertheless, I watched it and loved it. In my opinion it is better than the book and that doesn't happen often, does it? Therefore, I decided to tell you about it..



Here’s a quick overview:

The main character, a 17-year-old girl called Mia, experiences a fateful car accident in which her parents and her only sibling die. She, however, has an out-of-body experience and consequently has to deal with seeing her friends and relatives grieving over her family. Repeatedly, the nurse tells her that she alone chooses her destiny at this stage. Soon, Mia realizes that she has to make the most difficult decision of her life. Should she stay or should she let go?


My thoughts on this movie:

First of all, I think that the actors are very well chosen and did a great job. They really fitted to the picture I had in mind while reading the book. I particularly liked that the characters are so solid and genuine.

The movie starts off with the car accident and just after, you get to know her life as she recalls important memories. During the scenes which show a particular scene or day of her life in the past, you kind of forget about her family being dead because the scenes really draw you in and then.. Shock! She is back at the hospital and you are crying again.. (At least that was my experience) (;
It’s really a movie to cry. I believe the reason for that is that everyone has to think of their own family while watching and how they would deal without their family. In addition, it’s not an unrealistic subject and that makes me so sad for all the children who have experienced such horror.
If I stay really makes you think about your family and that life generally is so fragile. One second, and it could have changed irrevocably.

I believe the second book in the duology is written from the perspective of Adam (Mia’s boyfriend). That, I think, is really cool and interesting because in real life you can’t escape your mind and often wonder how other people think about a particular situation.
I`m really looking forward to reading Where she went in the Christmas holiday. I wonder if she wakes up.. I have the feeling that she does. And if she does, I really respect her, because, man, that would be a hell of a wrecked life she would be facing.
 
I don't like the cover at all,
but you can't judge a book by its cover, can you? (:



Check out Gayle Forman’s other books: Just one day and Just one year. I have read the first one and am planning on reading the next book in this series as well.





Sadly, Just One Night is just a 55 pages long e-novella


Thanks for reading my thoughts on If I Stay. That’s nice of you! :D


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen