Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2015

Caretta caretta!

Dear readers!

Taking about Zakynthos, I felt the urge to tell you about my caretta caretta encounter as well.

As you already know, in my early teens I spend one week with my family in Zakynthos. One day we spent on a boat and I can't remember why. Maybe, seeing a tortoise was even the purpose of this boat trip. Anyway, all of a sudden, the captain got a call that a tortoise has been seen. Immediately, he headed for the location. Within a few minutes, we saw a couple of small boats, quite near each other. They were all dangerously leaning for the occupants were all gathering on the same side of the boat. Clearly, a caretta caretta was present. As our boat was approaching the spectacle, we could see it too. A quite big tortoise was floating on the water with its head above the surface. It was adorable! So now our boat was nearly overturning as well. Everyone just wanted to get a glimpse of a free-living caretta caretta. Now I wonder if the animal was stressed because of the situation or if it was used to it or if it just did not mind. I hope it did not mind.

Now I need to include a few pictures of caretta carettas because I think they are absolutely adorable. ;D





Have a nice day and thanks for reading!
Bye!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen